Tuesday 27 July 2010

Stress in the workplace


For those of you who know me - you will know I take my job very seriously, to which sometimes can lead to stressful situations.

Stress is not a physical illness but can bring on physical symptoms - often those who are high achievers who are perfectionists find this happens to them! Does that sound like anyone you know?

I think sometimes I stop listening to my mind allowing myself to be pushed further and further through new challenges, where my body now actually has to control my head to stop me. Fascinating!

So my next challenge is to learn how to deal with these spells of stress.

Since finding out about the way I handle this and almost control things to a certain extent, I have met various people (mainly in the creative industries) who can relate to this. The true entrepreneurs who can't switch off before they go to sleep.

Is this because we have so many ideas and not enough time to action them that we simply cannot cope physically to get them out?

I really am intrigued to explore if anyone else suffers with similar patterns? What a genius the mind is - so powerful it can subconsciously make the body stop when you have had too much.

So my way of targeting this is to try CBT to see if that can help and to talk about it. I am an open book and I have nothing to be ashamed of, I am not mental but it is the way I have my own coping mechanisms! I wouldn't want to be any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment