Tuesday 12 October 2010

Have we lost our manners?



I have met a few clients recently who all have the same view that some people in business have lost their manners! Is this because they have become too big for their boots? They weren't brought up that way? Or do they simply think they are better than us?

I have to say as a young person in business I believe in the traditional view "treat people how you want to be treated" and I believe if you follow this philosophy surely you can't go wrong...  or can you.

As an individual I feel I have to suffer at the expense of those who do not follow this way of thinking.

For example, I have a client who does not know what they want. Now if the shoe were on the other foot if someone kept working for me until I was happy I would surely treat them with more respect. In fact this client had no communication with me for over 6 weeks then expected me tohave a ready built website for them after getting back in touch one week later.

This would mean making my other clients wait longer and sorry... I will not do that.

In business why can't we just help each other - after all that is what we set out to achieve in business - is  it not?

It really saddens me that some of us have become so selfish and disrespectful.

Though I stick to my mission "to create a business that really cares about people!" and I intend to continue what I have started!

No comments:

Post a Comment