Thursday 27 May 2010

Holiday... release or burden?


In exactly one week I will be on my way to Zante a little Greek Island full of fun things to do in the hot sunny weather. I have to say I cannot wait another minute to get on that plane.

But me being me, I am worried about leaving the business! My business is like my baby, it needs constant care and attention at this early stage being just over one year old.

Whilst I know I really need a holiday for my own sanity, as it is the only place I can switch off (mainly as you can't use your phone abroad and I tend to keep my switched off) there is still a part of me that is thinking, what if theres a problem with a client? who will get further work in? do I need to be here?

So this week I am stressing to get all of my jobs done, invoices out and make sure everyone has enough notice that I won't be around.

In fact my week is so busy next week,  I have to pack over the weekend! My schedule next week is based in Halesworth (Monday to Wednesday is full) - I even have a presentation to give to 150 businesswomen on Tuesday evening plus the two meetings I have on the Wednesday evening before I then go back to Bury St Edmunds where I live to catch a plane 7am Thursday morning.

It usually takes me a couple of days to switch off while relaxing in the sun, my entrepreneur mind is still guarenteed to keep on ticking, but the thought of seven days in the sun should help a little!

Actually I think reading the above I have just justified my holiday! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment