Monday 28 March 2011

EEBW Awards for Entrepreneurs

Are you a businesswoman in East Anglia?





The East of England Businesswomen of the Year Award was started by the Cambridge Businesswomen’s Network in 1989.

Since then, the event has expanded and evolved to acknowledge the enormous achievements of businesswomen in the six counties of the East of England (Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk) to act as an encouragement to others.

Last year I decided to enter and guess what I won!

Love them or hate them, I believe that award ceremonies are important because they offer recognition for specific individuals who produce extraordinary pieces of work within their respective industries.

I can relate directly to emotion that individuals experience when their name is called out to receive the honour. The euphoria and excitement is truly incredible; it really does make you feel like you’ve just won the lottery.

Did winning my award boost my ego? Well I have to honestly admit that, initially, it might have done. However, what I’ve come to realise is that once all the glitz and glamour eventually fades away, I’m still basically the same person as I was before. I just see it as receiving recognition for all the hard work, dedication and commitment that I’ve given to my career over the last few years.

This year the award ceremony is being held at the Ickworth Hotel, near my hometown of Bury St Edmunds, with the competition open to all female businesswomen who want to give it a shot. All I can say is that if I can do it so can you.


No comments:

Post a Comment